WHAT WE BELIEVE
· There is One God who is the Creator of Everything 'In the beginning God created'
· The Bible is God's Word to humanity and is the only authority we have to preach and practice"All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness"
· That the Lord Jesus Christ (described in this quotation from the Bible as the Word) is God. "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"
· We are sinners and deserve to be punished, 'For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God' and 'the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.'
· Without in any way giving up His Deity He became a true Man
· Jesus came to this earth and lived a perfect life with no possibility of any failure or sin. “Who committed no sin, Nor was guile found in His mouth” . . . "in Him there is no sin".
· He had to die, taking the judgment of God for sin so that God could maintain His holy and righteous character and yet still forgive our sins. "when they were come to the place, which is called Calvary, there they crucified him" "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."
· Jesus Lives Today 'I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore' God raised Him from the dead and He is now in Heaven
· That mankind must turn from their sin (repent) and place faith in Christ. 'God... now commandeth all men every where to repent', 'Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved'
· Once Saved we should be baptized "Then they that gladly received his word were baptized" and gather with other Christians
· That Salvation is eternal 'For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.'
· That the spirit of God indwells all believers "having believed you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise
· That Jesus is coming again as He said ‘I will come again’